This Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes Recipe is well suited with a cup of tea for that perfect afternoon treat.
• 150 g Flour (self-rising)
• 2 Eggs (large)
• 110 g Butter (unsalted)
• 45 ml Whole Milk
• 150 g Golden Caster Sugar
• 2 Lemons (juiced)
• 50 g Granulated Sugar
RECIPE CONTINUES AFTER ADVERTISEMENT
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare 8 paper cupcake cases in the cupcake tray.
- Add flour to the mixing bowl.
- Place the eggs, butter, whole milk, caster sugar, and the juiced lemon into the blender container.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed into its highest setting.
- Blend for 25 seconds. Pour the blended mixture into the flour and stir it by hand to combine.
- Pour it into the 8 cupcake cases proportionately.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make the syrup, place the juiced lemon and granulated sugar into the blender container.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed into its highest setting. Blend for 5 minutes or until it’s hot.
- Collect and skewer the cupcakes from the oven.
- Pour or brush the hot lemon syrup onto the cupcakes.
- Leave to cool completely, then serve.