Blenders come in handy in our kitchen space for many reasons, but they could be so noisy that you have to scream to speak to someone else.
However, some manufacturers try to design blenders that can be as quiet as possible. One of the first things to look at when it comes to the best quiet blenders is sound enclosures.
Buying Guide For The Best Quiet Blenders
Some other key areas one should consider when purchasing quiet blenders include:
Jar Design: Some jar shapes and materials naturally produce higher noise levels during blending. Sometimes, a narrower shape can help reduce noise, as there would be limited room for the ingredients to move.
Motor Power: Stronger motors make louder noises. it is not exactly the motor that makes the noise per se, but what the motor drives. Smaller, personal-sized smoothie makers tend to be quieter than large ones.
Motor Enclosure: A well-designed enclosure can prevent the loud noise of the motor.
Blade Strength: Stronger blades will be able to chop through ingredients more swiftly, reducing the time the blender has to run for.
So, what are the best quiet blenders in the market? This article will help you discover the best quiet blenders available in the market.
The Best Quiet Blenders In 2021: At A Glance
• Blender with Separate Sound Shield.
• 1200-watt motor.
• Well-built design.
• Very powerful and versatile.
• Quieter than most blenders.
• Sound shield does not help as you’d expect.
• No handle on the 32 oz. jar.
• Blender with Digital Touch Screen Control.
• Powerful motor with very low noise.
• Fast and easy cleanup.
• Excellent warranty coverage.
• Fits into most kitchen spaces.
• Air pockets above blades while blending.
• Problems with the touchpad.
• Some customers find it expensive.
• Blender with Highest Motor Power.
• Powerful, yet incredibly quiet.
• Sound shield.
• Special motor cooling features.
• Short warranty.
• Blender with BPA-free Container.
• Quiet shield is easy to replace and dampens the sound.
• 32 oz. jar is BPA-free and shatterproof.
• Easy to clean.
• Powerful 1500-watt quiet motor.
• Reports of cracks in the jar while blending drinks.
• Some users report that the higher speed settings result in very loud operations.
The Best Quiet Blenders In 2021
The Weston Sound Shield Pro Blender (Model 58917) is very powerful but quiet. There is a separate sound shield that fits over the blender container. However, there isn’t so much of a difference when the sound shield is over the blender.
The Weston Sound Shield Pro is equipped with a powerful 1200-watt (1.6 HP) motor, which can be quite noisy. The blender set also comes with a 32 oz. blending jar or with a 20 oz. jar with the blade in some cases. They come with a variable speed control dial, which many manufacturers abandon for button controls these days.
Overall, the Weston Sound Shield Pro Blender is excellent. If you’re worried about disturbing your neighbors, this is a good buy. It offers a five (5)-year limited warranty and excellent customer feedback.
- Well-built design.
- It is very powerful and versatile.
- It is quieter than most blenders.
- The sound shield does not help as you’d expect.
- No handle on the 32 oz. jar.
The Blendtec Pro 800 model is advertised as the world’s quietest blender because it is quieter than most blenders in its range. The Pro 800 is perfect for home use, but it is also very effective in workspaces. It is fitted with an 1800-watt motor.
The control on the Pro 800 model is a digital touch-screen slider control that offers eleven different speeds and six pre-programmed functions. There is a sealed enclosure around the blender jar and the sound dampening design on the motor base.
This blender comes with the highly acclaimed Wildside Jar, which holds over 80 ounces of fluid. It is also fitted with 4-inch stainless steel blades that evenly blend ingredients into a consistent texture.
It comes with a ten (10)-year full warranty, one of the best amongst blenders in its range. Their customer service is also very commendable.
- Powerful motor with very low noise.
- Despite its size, it fits into standard kitchen spaces.
- The jar is designed to help keep smoothie ingredients moving towards the blade.
- Cleanup is fast and easy.
- Long-lasting warranty.
- Some users struggle with an air pocket forming above the blades when blending.
- There are reports of users having problems with the touchpad responding to them.
- Some customers find it very expensive.
Vitamix Blending Station is a reliable, quiet commercial-grade blender, but it is expensive. However, thanks to the speed control and ability to pulse, one can easily create the smoothest and most delicious smoothies.
It has a 3 HP motor, 93 speeds, and variable speed control. Unlike the Vitamix, it comes with a 48-ounce jar, which is a bit small, but still has enough room for lots of ingredients.
It is a bulky unit that weighs about 17 pounds, and it doesn’t vibrate across the counter as you use it. Additionally, this blender comes with a three (3)-year warranty and reliable customer service.
- Powerful, yet incredibly quiet.
- The sound shield prevents the quiet blender from being a nuisance when it is running.
- Multiple functions that can replace other equipment in the kitchen.
- The versatile speed control gives you power over the blend settings.
- Special motor cooling features.
- High price.
- Short warranty.
Hamilton Beach Professional is relatively quiet, but not as much as the top picks listed above. Complete with both four pre-programmed settings, as well as variable control to adjust the speed. The lid is designed so that one can fit the tamper through it in case anything gets stuck.
With the hardened stainless-steel blades, grinding through ingredients will not take as much time. This blender is fitted with a powerful 1500 watts motor and a 32 oz. jar.
- The quiet shield is easy to replace and dampens the sound.
- The 32 oz. jar is BPA-free and shatterproof.
- Easy to clean.
- Powerful 1500-watt quiet motor.
- Pulse function for manual control.
- There are reports of some users experiencing cracks in the jar when blending drinks.
- Some users report that the higher speed settings result in very loud operations.
Other Notable Quiet Blender Mentions
The MX1500XTX is a high-powered blender. It has a sound enclosure for sound dampening. Its 3.5 peak horsepower motor makes it perfect for commercial use. However, as with Hamilton Beach, it is not relatively as quiet as our top picks above.
Overall, it is a very powerful blender, and its power might even usurp most consumers’ needs.
Summarily, If you are interested in blending without making so much noise, all the blenders in this article are great choices.
However, the Weston Sound Shield Pro blender is the best option and offers the best value for your money. Blendtec Pro 800 and Vitamix Blending Station are good alternatives, but it all depends on your budget and other requirements.