This Cashew Sour Cream Sauce Recipe is a vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your tacos and soups.
Dips & Spreads
360 ml ( 1½ cup)
• 125 g Cashews (soaked for 3 hours, rinsed & drained)
• 120 ml Water
• 45 ml Lemon (juiced)
• ½ tsp Salt
• ½ Garlic (clove)
• ¼ Shallot
• Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews thoroughly.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender container from the order listed.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed into its highest setting.
- Blend for 20 seconds, or until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add more water to the sauce to have it in a thinner texture. The sauce needs to be lighter than the soup to stay on top.