Create that extra burst of flavor with this tasty Cranberry Nut Bread whole-wheat recipe.
Flours & Dough
1 loaf (10 slices)
1 hour 16 mins
• 100 g Cranberries (frozen)
• 1 Orange (large, peeled, and halved)
• 1 Inch Orange Peel
• 60 ml Olive Oil
• 200 g Sugar (granulated)
• 1 Egg (large)
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
• ½ tsp Baking Soda
• 3 g Salt
• 240 g Flour (whole wheat)
• 45 g Walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly coat a loaf pan (22 cm x 11 cm) with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Turn the machine on. Place the cranberries and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed just until it gets chopped. Stop and remove the chopped cranberries.
- Place orange quarters, orange peels, olive oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the blender container.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed into its highest setting.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Use a tamper if necessary to push the ingredients closer to the blades.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
- Pour the orange mixture from the blender container into the bowl. Mix until it becomes moistened.
- Place chopped nuts into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Spread the batter into a pan. Bake for 1 hour. Check if it’s cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, then it’s done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from loaf pan and allow it to completely cool before slicing.