Create that healthy Homemade Pop-Tarts without all the loaded trans fat, preservatives, and sugar with this Homemade Pop-Tarts Recipe.
Flours & Dough
• 310 g All-Purpose Flour
• 3 g Salt
• 2 tsp Sugar (granulated)
• 225 g Butter (chilled & cubed)
• 60 ml Ice Water
• 180 ml Fruit Preserves (your flavor of choice)
• 1 Egg (beaten & with 1 tsp of water)
- • 2 tbsp Half & Half
• ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
• 120 g Sugar (powdered)
- Preheat oven to 35°F. Prepare two (2) baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, salt, and sugar into your blender container.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the medium speed setting. Pulse 3 to 4 times to combine the ingredients.
- Remove the lid and place the chilled butter cubes a few at a time while pulsing. Use a spatula as necessary to scrape the sides of the container.
- Pulse again while adding ice water. Make sure the dough is moving.
- Once all the ingredients have been combined, transfer the blender contents into a mixing bowl and shape it into a ball. Cut two equal portions and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for one (1) hour.
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll each dough ball into a 13 X 11-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into eight (8) equal pieces.
- Evenly space four (4) pieces on each lined baking sheet. Place 1 tbsp of jam in the center of each dough and spread it out evenly.
- Place the remaining dough over the top of the jam and seal the edges with your fingertips.
- Crimp the edges of the dough using the prongs of a fork. Place in the freezer for one (1) hour.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- While the pastries are baking, rinse your blender container and add the half & half, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
- Turn the machine on and start blending on the slowest configuration and gradually increase the speed into its highest setting for 10-15 seconds.
- Once the pop-tarts finished baking, cool it on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Put 1 tbsp of frosting on each pop-tart and spread over the pastry with a spatula. Top it off with sprinkles if desired. Store in an airtight container.
8 pop-tarts servings per container
Serving size 132 g (1 pop-tart)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24g 30%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Trans Fat g
Cholesterol 85mg 29%
Sodium 270mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 66g 22%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Total Sugars 34g
Includes g Added Sugars 0%
Vitamin D mcg 0%
Potassium mg 0%
Not a significant source of calcium, or iron.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.