Create homemade Walnut Date Bread with a combination of sweet, pitted, chopped dates and walnuts for a surprisingly nice texture with this Walnut Date Bread Recipe.
Flours & Dough
1 loaf (12 slices)
1 hour 40 mins
• 240 ml Water (hot)
• 340 g Dates (dried, pitted, and chopped)
• 55 g Butter (unsalted & cut into pieces)
• 120 g Flour (whole wheat)
• 125 g All-Purpose Flour
• 150 g Sugar (granulated)
• 125 g Walnuts
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• ½ Baking Soda
• 2 Eggs (large)
• ½ Vanilla Extract
- Place the dates and butter in a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water and let it stand until cool for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven for 325°F with the rack in the middle position. Lightly coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place flours, sugars, walnuts, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into the blender container.
- Pulse 10 to 15 times then transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla in the cooled date mixture. Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 1 ½ hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in a pan for 25 minutes then turn into a wire rack to cool completely.
1 loaf (12 slices) servings per container
Serving size 1 slice
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 15%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
Trans Fat g
Cholesterol 40mg 14%
Sodium 210mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 53g 18%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
Total Sugars 34g
Includes g Added Sugars 0%
Vitamin D mcg 0%
Potassium mg 0%
Not a significant source of calcium, or iron.
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.