Oster blenders have come a long way since the first ‘Osterizer’ was manufactured in 1946. They have become more mainstream with more innovative and efficient blenders. Today, we’ll be looking at one of their smart blender, the Oster Pro 1200.
The Oster Pro 1200 stands at a height of 14-inches with the 48 oz. container fitted on its motor base. It will easily fit in a standard kitchen cabinet saving you some precious counter space. Its total shipping weight is 10 pounds.
Functions & Controls
The Oster Pro 1200 has multiple functions that are expected in a modern blender. With this, you can make your delicious smoothies from fruits and vegetables. It can also make juices, but it may not have the consistency of a processed juice because the machine is not primarily designed as a juicer.
The Oster Pro 1200 is also capable of pureeing cooked or even raw vegetables. You can use the blender to chop vegetables for hummus, salsa, salads, or coleslaw using its pulse mode. The blender is also great for mixing batter, grinding, milling, and making nut milk.
In terms of speed features, the Oster Pro 1200 blender has an easy-to-use control panel with just 9 buttons. The blender features 3 preset modes, namely:
- Green/Frozen Smoothies,
- Food Chop/Salsa, and
- Milkshake mode.
Motor & Blades
Container & Accessories
Care and Cleaning
Price & Warranty
The Oster Pro 1200 blender set includes the following:
- 1.6 HP Motor Base
- 48 oz. Glass Container
- 24 oz. Single-Serve Cup
- 40.oz. Food Processor Bowl (For package with the food processor attachment)
- Chopping Blade, Steel Slicing Disk (For package with the food processor attachment)
- Installation Manual
- Product Documentation
- User Guide
- Warranty Information
Oster Pro 1200: Pros and Cons
- For its price, you get a lot of value in terms of accessories and blending capabilities.
- The al-metal drive assembly makes it very durable and built to last.
- The blender features a total of 7 speeds with 3-preset programs for convenience.
- 10-year warranty for the all-metal drive system and a 3-year satisfaction guarantee on all parts.
- Powerful 1,200-watt motor and sharp 3.5" blades.
- The blender's faster settings could get very loud.
- Vibration from blending causes it to move across the counter.
- The main pitcher’s lid is not as tight as it should be.
Oster Pro 1200: Final Thoughts
In general, the Oster Pro 1200 blender is a great, affordable product, and reviews from several satisfied users show exactly that. For a blender below $100, it is actually an outstanding one.